DEMENTIA DESIGN SOLUTIONS
Luci Roper, Director at Luci Living Design is pleased to announce the launch of a specialist arm to her company which is focused on health care design which is something Luci is passionate about.
‘Dementia Design Solutions’ will run alongside ‘Luci Living Design’ and is committed to improving the environment for people within nursing/residential and dementia homes, extra care schemes, mental health learning difficulties and supported housing.
Dementia Design Solutions will offer professional advice, undertake a rolling programme of works, full refurbishments or a turn-key service. Along with our existing and other health care specialist suppliers and approved contractors we can provide a hassle free solution within budget and timescale to the health care sector.
We aim to maximise independence and orientation by creating a safe and secure environment that meets regulations and guidelines, creates accessibility whilst enjoying the aesthetics of a boutique hotel. By combining experience and expertise with design and function we will help companies and organisations build a stronger, better business.
We guarantee to design and develop an innovative and empathic spaces that will ensure your services stand out as a centre of excellence.
Experience & Expertise
- We have experience in designing for hospitality, healthcare, leisure and residential sectors.
- We have undertaken a wide range of design projects focused on dementia for the NHS, voluntary and private health care providers.
- Luci director of Luci Living Design and Dementia Design Solutions is former registered mental health nurse with 15 years experience in both the UK and abroad.
- Luci has developed and managed care homes and supported housing schemes nationally as well as provided consultancy and training schemes to Department of Work and Pensions, Probation and Health and Social Services.
- Luci has sat on The Board of Social Services for Regulations and Standards within Manchester social Services.
- Luci was presented the National Sir Roy Griffiths Award for Excellence in the Community by the Secretary of State for Health for services she managed.
- Luci has been involved in many aspects of service delivery and training
- Luci has worked locally, nationally and internationally across a range of activities including community residential housing, management of developing care homes and has been involved in policy making across all sectors.
Dementia Design Solutions consist of a highly experienced, professional team which includes …
Interiors and Fit Out
Our services include:-
- Tailor made interior design with full fit out service incorporating practical user friendly schemes
- Mood boards providing samples and professional advice
- Project management
- Procurement of goods and services from a wide range of supplier
- Manufacturing of installation drawings
- Meeting with compliance and regulations for the healthcare sector
- Providing and fitting furniture, curtains, blinds, flooring, lighting, bedding equipment, tableware, towels, linen, signage and artwork.
- Nostalgic products and reminiscent rooms.
Design and Build
- Contractors and team with a wealth of design, planning and construction experience from feasibility to handover.
- Full range of design and technical services
- Building regulation and planning submissions
- Working in partnership with other agencies and contractors including architects and building services
Dementia and Research
We are aware of the latest research and effective care practices related to environment and understand the needs of service users. We can provide research, case studies; provide worksheets and offer advice and support.
Education and Consultancy
- Consultancy services
- Staff training on dementia and the environment – ensure staff has specific knowledge, skills and awareness
- Training for professionals such as designers and architects
- Dementia guideline audits, consultancy and reports
- To cover key issues for organisations and staff on designing, setting up and managing care homes
- Practical advice on improving the environment enhancing functioning on people with dementia.
For more information about Dementia Design Solutions and health care design contact firstname.lastname@example.org